Working with the V.P. Operations you will be responsible for the overall management, direction and co-ordination of the mine operation including safety, environment, production, administration and costs. The key functions and responsibilities of the position include:
- Ensure all site activities related to the project are conducted in such a manner to ensure safe operations, environmental protection, financial accountability and efficient, effective production.
- Providing oversight and management of the contract for mining, contract for ore haulage, and contractor activities.
- Ensuring operations is within operating budgets and participating in the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Leading and directing subordinates and developing technical, managerial and operational expertise.
- Assist with developing integrated department plans providing the basis for the financial plan, production forecast updates and the mining strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A degree in mining or geological engineering with a minimum of 10 years experience in the resource industry with previous experience at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated understanding and leadership ability to coordinate technical services, mining operations and administration functions.
- Sound business acumen with knowledge of financial and accounting practices.
- Ability to manage risks and conduct project planning.
Previous gold mining experience in open pit and underground operations advantageous.
This is a full-time position located in northern Saskatchewan operating on a rotational schedule.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please forward your resume to:
Golden Band Resources Inc.
100- 701 Cynthia Street, Saskatoon, SK S7K 6B7