Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, you will work in a dynamic atmosphere where environment, safety and production results are essential for success. The key functions and responsibilities of the position include:
- establishing occupational health and safety and environmental programs in alignment with corporate policies and operating approvals, and providing oversight to Operations personnel and contractors to ensure regulatory compliance.
- actively monitoring development and/or environmental site activities for Golden Band sites in Northern Saskatchewan.
- representing the company in dealings with Saskatchewan Labour, Worker Compensation Board and insurance carriers.
- providing company oversite in all underground emergency response activities. Ensuring surface emergency response teams are adequately staffed and provide training on a regular basis.
- prepare department operating and capital budgets.
- establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- implementing environmental and safety management systems at each site.
- submitting applications, reports, documents, etc. for internal usage and regulatory agencies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- post secondary education in environmental sciences or equivalent education and experience in the field of OHS.
- health, safety and environment background with at least 5 years in mining.
- extensive knowledge of all mine site activities including underground, processing, support services and exploration.
- excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- proficiency with applicable software and Microsoft Office.
- underground and surface mine rescue experience preferably at the instructor level.
- proven experience with the regulatory and environmental permitting process in Saskatchewan would be beneficial.
This is a full-time position located in northern Saskatchewan operating on a rotational schedule of two weeks in and two weeks out.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please forward your resume to:
Golden Band Resources Inc.
100- 701 Cynthia Street, Saskatoon, SK S7K 6B7